Thursday, September 3, 2009

What's Happening?

I just finished reading Conrado De Quiro's column (There's the Rub) about destiny. Well, obviously, I'm a fan. Months ago, I began to question certain things; from my personal life, to our country, to the people of our country.

What's happening?

That is the question I really want to get an answer.

Personally, I was feeling exhausted, tired and again, suicidal. I really don't know why I had pitied myself for the past weeks. Thank God, I'm up and about again. Though, I really can't explain why I'm too worried about everything and anything about a certain thing or person. I was too confused why I am passing through the needle's eye. By then, what's happening?

To the citizens of our country, where are we? What's happening? I really can't understand why we keep on mocking each other and continue to maintain our crab mentality. When things get better for the well-offs, the worst things are happening to the masses. Where is our compassion? Students of high-class institutions keep on uttering the English language whereas they are in the Philippines. Where is the nationalistic dynamite within us, the future of the nation?Basta ako, ang alam ko, ginagamit ko ang Ingles sa pagsusulat dahil mas nailalabas ko ang aking sarili sa midyum na ito. Mahal ko ang bayan ko.Eventhough I still regard myself as a little bit bias. Pero nagsasalita ako ng wikang Filipino tuwing nakikipag-usap ako.

What is happening to our leaders? What do they really want? I know people are not perfect but I can't see they are trying hard to serve their countrymen unconditionally.

I just want to point out one hot issue in the field of politics. Sen. Mar Roxas withdrawing for his presidential candidacy to give way to the only son of Sen. Ninoy (who is a co-Bedan) and the late Pres. and Mother of Democracy, Cory Aquino. I think that is a very heroic act; that was a selfless act. Whatever maybe his intentions, he showed all of us that power should not be a crowning glory but an obligation and an opportunity to serve.

I just want to ask the current president, what is happening? Ms. Arroyo, what happened? What will happen? As a youth, as a citizen, i don't know what did your position do to you to make selfish acts; to be a liar and to be a thief!

I believe that every human being is good but still, what is happening? What is happening to the free will that the Most High has given us?

Indeed, what is happening to the world? Continuous recessions, natural calamities, wars, political outbreaks. My mind has been filled with this single question. Sometimes, I just think, that the world itself has bowed down to us.

I just wish all of us would ask ourselves, "What's happening?" and if we would find the right answer, we'll all out it into actions. Actions that everyone can benefit. Actions that can make us all proud that we are human beings: the most beloved creature of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment